Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 4


Check out all of our photos thus far...driving to Iowa tomorrow...








Leaving The Gas Lite Motel, Laramie, WY

Today we woke up to sun light pouring through the windows. I rolled over to see the numbers 9:00 flashing on the clock. This didn't leave much time to get ready. So as fast as we could we packed up the car, grabbed a few muffins, and hit the road.

We first stopped at Salvation Army. There was signs every two steps. "Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times", "no shoplifting, god and the cameras are watching you" or even "no fishing in the garbage."



We all got headaches with so many "don't signs around so we decided to go to a different trift store called "Nu 2 U". At this one there were actually some good clothes (and not a lot of signs.) Then we went to a gas station to get a movie called "The Tooth Fairy" at a red box.




We drove for a couple of hours until we finally stopped at a store called "Cabelas. We got hats and a bunch of beef jerky sticks. Then we drove until we got to our cute little hotel.



We first went to The Lodge, a restaurant right next door. It was a nice restaurant, with little hard animals all over the entire place. So of course, we had to play "I Spy."



Then we all went swimming. It was a perfect day for swimming, because it was so hot outside. We then went back to the hotel room and watched so you think you can dance on T.V until we all fell asleep.

4 comments:

  1. How was So You Think You Can Dance? Man, I love that show. So sounds like today was FUN. I do have to say though, the animals at The Lodge were creeping me out a bit in the pictures. Okay, the signs are HILARIOUS. I love "no fishing in the garbage" and especially "god and the cameras are watching you". I was dying when I read that one. I can't believe by the end of the day, you still had the energy to go swimming! Three points for chingchang! (I made swimming after a full day the equivilant to a three pointer shot in a basketball game.) (That also means you have SIX points) Again I say, GO CHINGCHANG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry my comments are so long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kearney Nebraska is where Uncle Larry lived a LONG time ago. I love seeing your pictures and miss you tons! Will see you in Iowa soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I looked at the other pictures! They're AMAZING. :):):):):)

    ReplyDelete