Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 1


Today, after a long morning of packing the car, we were finally on our way to Iowa. We drove for a long time, seeing nothing but desert and lots of wind turbines.




Finally we made it to Baker City- a small town that seems to be obsessed with trains. We went to a train themed restaurant, the first one I've ever been to. There were train shaped menus, a train that journeyed the entire restaurant, and even had "Jr. engineer burgers."



Then we went and got ice cream- I really hope this becomes a tradition- and walked around down town Baker's City. It was an empty town with a few houses, a super eight, and a spooky high school, that my mom was convinced was an old jail. That was until we saw the sign: Baker High School 1916. All I can say is that I would really hate to be there at night. Then we headed to our super eight hotel and went swimming, after lugging every thing into our room that is. Then, after drying off from the pool, we decided to turn on the T.V and relax after a long day.





6 comments:

  1. OMG! The train thing is hilarious! And that ice cream picture is AMAZING! Also the windmills, I remember when I drove to california and saw lots of windmills. Its weird that whenever people drive somewhere they always see windmills. Sounds really fun so far! :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fair! that ice cream looks good. It looks like its from Dairy Queen. is it? Also, the Super 8 sign is really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. Did you know the Great Salt Lake is the 4th largest salt lake in the western hemisphere, and the 37th largest lake on Earth?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tape Abuser- Your good!! How did you know it was from Dairy Queen??? I wish we would get some ice cream more...exotic, but all the other ice cream parlors were closed!! :(:(:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh come on! Dairy Queen is the BEST! (Next to Baskin Robins of course. (I hope I spelled that right)) I knew because every time I go to Dairy Queen I get what you're eating in the picture. Vanilla with a chocolate shell. I've never been to any other ice cream place that has shell. NOTHING BEATS THE SHELL!!!:):):)

    ReplyDelete