Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 3



I don't know what time I woke up this morning, but it was defiantly early. Since mom and I were the only ones up, we decided to get breakfast-just the two of us. Breakfast at the sandman hotel was very... nutritional. The thing is nutritional does not always mean "good." But it was food, so although I didn't leave the sandman hotel satisfied I did leave with food in my stomach.

Then my sister, mom and I packed up the car and headed out into the world. We first stopped at a gas station right by hotel and got the movie "The Blind Side" at a red box.After that, My sister and I got on the D.S. and tried to solve the mystery of Professor Latin and the curious village.

As we were driving we passed (drum roll, please) Salt Lake! All I can say is it is one big lake!( I don't know why they even call it a lake! It looks more like an ocean).

About a half an hour later we went to the Treetop Children's Museum. It was (can you guess?) tree themed! But there wasn't only trees there. It had a dress up room, a pretend school house, a castle room...well, I think you get the point. My brother loved it, and I kind of enjoyed it myself.

We then went to fat cats, a bowling alley/arcade/pizza restaurant. But, unfortunately we only had time for the pizza, because we were still planning to get to Wyoming.
As we were driving we passed by a really pretty town. Can you guess what it was called? Morgan City! can you believe it I was driving through Morgan city. Of course we had to stop and about a million pictures and we even bought a pen with the words "Morgan, Utah" On it.

An hour or so later we stopped to go to the restroom . The bathroom was made out of these brightly colored red bricks. It made me feel like I was in the story the three little pigs ." Little pigs let me in!" A few more hours later we stopped AGAIN to get ice cream snicker bars in a gas station in...WYOMING. Wyoming supposed to be all beautiful and stuff but really it's just a bunch of hills dirt and dead grass. Not a lot of people. So there wasn't much looking outside, and more of playing Nancy drew on the computer. After a long day of driving, we finally stopped in Laramie, WY. It was a small town, but it had a lot of hotels, so it wasn't very hard to find the perfect hotel. This hotel was called the gas lite. We immediately went swimming and then came back to our quaint little hotel room, and watched T.V until we dozed off.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy day. Hope you're having a great time. Pretty soon you'll be at your destination! Can't wait to see your next entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound like a busy day! Wow. i would have been DEAD TIRED after that. I can't believe you had the energy to go swimming. I think I would be asleep the second my foot hit the ground which is really weird because most people don't sleep standing up. But swimming would sound really nice after sitting in a car for like EVER. :):)
    The Morgan, Utah thing is SO AWESOME! I can't believe you have the same name as a town! THAT'S SO COOL. no fair! I want to have the same name as a town. The Ogden thing is really funny too. I can't wait to tell her. (Im not saying her name because I'm not sure she would appreciate it.)
    Sounds awesome! I can't believe you're already in Wyoming! Your almost there!!!:):):):)

    ReplyDelete