Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 5


Sorry that I haven't written for a long time. I have been busy since I've arrived in Iowa.

Today we woke up around 8 AM. We didn't have breakfast straight away because we were all very anxious to get to Iowa. We stopped on the way to get donuts at "Day Light Donuts." They were delicious. Mom says they were the best donuts she's ever had. ( But I think I like Voodoo donuts more.)




We then went to another Oregon Trail Interpretive Center in Kearny, NE. It was like you were actually walking along the Oregon trail, very interesting and fun. After we were finished "walking to Oregon" we started our drive to Carroll, Iowa. Along the way we had our first ever Mankin pen war. What's a pen war you may ask? Well maybe this paragraph I wrote about it will help you figure it out.



The Pen War
By Morgan Mankin
Based on a true story

"Chloe, Stop!" I cried. But Chloe paid no attention to my words, and lunged, pen and hand at my forehead. I let out an angry growl and snatched the pen back. I put the pen to her throat as if it were a sword and I was in some Roman Times movie. Then seeing the threat in Chloe's eyes I, quick as a hiccup, drew a line of black ink across Chloe's cheek. Chloe put her hand to her cheek and looked at me with piercing blue eyes, that should have been red. Before I knew it I had a pen mark on my leg and foot. Then without saying a word we knew that we were even and the pen war was over.

After watching Surfs Up for a couple of minutes we saw our Grandma and Grandpa's farm. We were all excited to see our family and got out of the car as quickly as we could. There was a lot of hugging and talking. About five minutes later my cousin asked if my sister and I wanted to go to the Twilight movie, Eclipse, with her and her friend, whom she hadn't seen for four entire years. All I could say was Eclipse was weird. I don't want to give anything away but near the end of the movie some vampire just suddenly walked out of this lake, it reminded us of a very lame zombie movie (ha, ha).We drove home and had pizza.

Our parents soon left to go out for dinner and we had the house to ourselves. We caught fireflies and swung on the rickety swing set outside of Grammas house. After putting the fireflies into a Coke bottle we watched "The Nightmare Before Christmas." Our parents came home and we were off to bed after a very long day of driving and finally completing our trip to Iowa.

4 comments:

  1. wow!!! Donuts sound really good right now. And may I just say that the person walking out of the water was RILEY AND THE VAMPIRE ARMY. I havent seen the movie yet but I still know cause' im telepathic. SO sounds like everyone was excited to see you! That's really cool. :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me you have pictures of the fireflies! I've never seen one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've never seen a firefly? really? I saw a firefly in my kitchen like a week ago. It was HUGE. My 1st grade teacher was obsessed with fireflies. sorry. that was random.

    ps to chingchang- i loved Eclipse! i didnt think it was weird at all. :( what did you think was weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eclipse was weird because near the end of the movie some vampire just suddenly walked out of this lake, it reminded us of a very lame zombie movie (ha, ha)

    ReplyDelete