Friday, July 16, 2010

Oregon Trail Day 1...heading home








Today the first thought in my head when I woke up was I'm going home. Half of me was wanting to stay in Iowa and the other half missed Oregon. But I guess it wasn't really my choice whether I wanted to go home or not.

Soon after I awoke I went down stairs alone-because Chloe was still asleep. I had my first ever Long-John donut, now I can see why it's my grandmas favorite. We then packed up the car-ugh! It was easily my least favorite part of the day, but someone's gotta do it. Then we ran a few errands- getting ice for the cooler, getting ink and of course getting REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups. Then we went to my other grandpas house to say good-bye.

After that, we went back to Grandma's and Grandpa's house. We said good-bye to everyone, which basically was a bunch of hugs and "thank you for having us" or "see you later." Finally we got into the car. As I looked back to see my family standing there, all waving, it hit me. I wasn't going to see them for a long, long time. The thought gave me goose bumps, don't ask me why. But I guess I'll have to get over it.

We drove for a long time until I couldn't take any more. I hadn't eaten since eight o'clock. It was now three. So to avoid a tantrum from me my mom stopped in the desolate town of Eagle, Nebraska, which was basically a bank, a grocery store, and a little restaurant called the Lounge. I had a burger and fries, but I guess it doesn't really matter what I ate, as long as it was food, right?

We also stopped int the very ancient town of Marysville. We didn't stay long, but we did take some pictures.





We then drove a longer period of time all the way to Manhattan, Kansas. On the way I played Disney Princesses, don't make fun, it was a cool game.

We then went to The Best Western hotel. We right away went swimming because it was about a hundred degrees. After swimming, or in my brother's case floating in the water, we watched t.v, ate sandwiches, sushi, and cheese and went to bed.


3 comments:

  1. You'll have tons of stuff to do when you get to Colorado. Can't wait to see tonight's post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. :) Can't wait to see you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dad- you were right, Colorado rocks! Tape Abuser-can't wait to get back and see you too!!

    ReplyDelete